Life can be dehydrating. When life tries to slow you down, it’s hard to remember that the simple things make us happy and motivated to be the best versions of ourselves.
Next time you’re feeling low, try one of these activities to get you in the right headspace.
Meditation gives you a sense of peace, calmness, and stability that can positively impact your day. This may seem like an obvious one, but many types of meditation can work with any lifestyle choice. Here is an example of a simple breathing exercise from mindful.org that you can implement in your daily routine.
- Find a relaxed, comfortable position. You could be seated on a chair or on the floor on a cushion. Keep your back upright but not too tight. Hands resting wherever they’re comfortable. Tongue on the roof of your mouth or wherever it’s comfortable.
- Notice and relax your body. Try to notice the shape of your body its weight. Let yourself relax and become curious about your body seated here.
- Tune into your breath. Feel the natural flow of breath—in, out.
- Be kind to your wandering mind. You might notice that your mind may start to wander. If this happens, it’s not a problem. Just notice that your mind has wandered. You can say “thinking” or “wandering” in your head softly. Then redirect your attention to the breathing.
- Stay here for five to seven minutes. Notice your breath in silence. From time to time, you’ll get lost in thought, then return to your breath.
- Check-in before you check out. After a few minutes, once again notice your body, your whole body, seated here. Let yourself relax even more deeply, and then offer yourself some appreciation for doing this practice today.
2. Take a walk
Sometimes, a walk around the block is just what you need. It never has to be a full-on sprint or marathon, but your body relies on movement to prevent dysfunction and disease down the road. Call a friend, listen to a podcast, or jam out to your favorite tunes as you are able to get outside and decompress from your day. 3. Write it down
Do you ever get caught up in your thoughts and find out that your to-do list is much simpler than it seems? Next time you feel overwhelmed or stressed about your day ahead, write your priorities down and reflect on them throughout the day. It’s nice to physically take a look at what you have planned to ensure that you don’t spiral or forget anything of importance.
3. Help someone around you
Often when the mundane tasks of life catch up to us, we forget to take a step back and think about the people around us. When you take the time to help others, you actually reduce stress and boost your immune system. If it’s as simple as helping a neighbor or reaching out to someone on social media, you can help yourself by not thinking or worrying about what you have to do.
It would be a crime if we didn’t include this one. Over 70% of people in the United States are dehydrated every day. Dehydration has become a norm, as so many of us realize we haven’t had water at the end of the day!
Hydra Aid is a perfect way to get your hydration habits back on track with its electrolyte ratio that keeps up with you. Unlike other electrolyte mixes, our flavors are packed with great taste, with lower sugar necessary to get all of the nutrients in your system.
To learn more about how Hydra Aid is changing the hydration game, visit our home page for more information.